Tampa Property Division Lawyer
Assisting Clients With Property Division During a Divorce in Florida
At Devolder Law Firm, we understand that divorce can be emotionally challenging and legally complex. One of the crucial aspects of divorce proceedings is property division, which can significantly impact the financial stability and future of both parties involved. Our firm specializes in family law matters, including property division. We are committed to providing comprehensive legal guidance and advocacy to clients in Tampa and the surrounding areas.
Call Devolder Law Firm today at (813) 773-8233 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our property division attorney in Tampa.
What is Property Division?
Property division is allocating marital assets and debts between spouses during a divorce. The marital property encompasses any assets and debts acquired by either spouse during the marriage. This can include real estate, bank accounts, investments, vehicles, personal belongings, and even shared debts such as mortgages and credit card balances. Meanwhile, separate property refers to assets acquired before the marriage or through gifts or inheritance specifically intended for one spouse.
How is Property Divided in a Divorce in Florida?
Florida follows the principle of equitable distribution regarding property division in divorce cases. Equitable distribution doesn't necessarily mean an equal 50-50 split but instead a fair and just division based on various factors.
- Identification and Classification of Assets: Our skilled property division attorneys in Tampa start by identifying and classifying marital and separate assets. This meticulous process ensures that all assets subject to division are accounted for, leaving no room for oversight.
- Evaluation of Contributing Factors: The court considers several factors when determining how to divide assets fairly. The factors can include the length of the marriage, both of the spouse's financial contributions, the value of each spouse's non-monetary contributions (such as homemaking or childcare), the economic circumstances of each spouse, and more.
- Debt Allocation: Just as assets are divided, debts accumulated during the marriage must also be allocated. This often includes mortgages, credit card debts, and other financial obligations. Our Tampa property division lawyers meticulously assess these liabilities to ensure a balanced distribution that doesn't unfairly burden one party.
- Marital vs. Non-Marital Property: Accurately distinguishing between marital and separate property is crucial. Our legal team works diligently to establish the origin of assets and debts, preventing any misconceptions that might affect the distribution process.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Often, property division can be resolved through negotiation and settlement discussions between the divorcing spouses and their respective attorneys. Our experienced negotiators at Devolder Law Firm are skilled in achieving mutually agreeable outcomes that protect our client's rights and interests.
- Litigation: Our adept litigation attorneys are prepared to zealously represent our clients in court when negotiations fail to yield an acceptable resolution. We present a compelling case based on evidence and legal arguments to ensure our clients receive a fair share of marital assets.
Contact Our Property Division Attorney in Tampa Today
Navigating the complexities of property division requires the guidance of knowledgeable legal professionals who can safeguard your rights and assets. At Devolder Law Firm, our property division attorneys are dedicated to providing personalized legal solutions specific to your unique circumstances. We recognize the emotional toll divorce can take, and we are committed to alleviating your stress by advocating for your interests effectively. Your future deserves dedicated legal advocacy; we are here to provide it.
Contact Devolder Law Firm today to get started with our Tampa property division lawyer.
Our firm acknowledges clients concerns about paying for an attorney. We keep hourly fees reasonable for the average suburban family.
Our firm is conveniently located in a suburban first-floor office building with easy-access parking, less than 5 minutes from i-75.
Our clients always come first. We take the time to get to know you and understand your case. We're always available when you need us most.
We consider both legal and practical solutions that will help you achieve your goals.
Our goal was to create a law firm that you can relate to, one that is convenient to your home and easy to communicate with.
We understand you need answers - we prioritize your needs and keep you up to date with your case every step of the way.